Reconcile New Orleans’ (RNO) mission is to transform the lives of young people and the community through the ministry of reconciliation. We do this by: encouraging personal growth, providing workforce development and training, promoting entrepreneurship, working with businesses, nonprofits and people of faith to support this transformation and building strong communities through community economic development.
Café Reconcile, a well-known lunch spot, is the heart of RNO’s flagship Life Skills and On-The-Job Hospitality Training. As a nonprofit entity, RNO’s Catering Operation is designed primarily to serve as source of income for Cafe Reconcile’s program in concert with fundraising revenue and café sales. An extension of the Café Reconcile brand, Catering plays an important role in developing key corporate and community relationships.
The Catering Manager is a full-time employee. A self-starter, the Catering Manager will be responsible for ALL Catering operations, which include coordinating all aspects required to run an effective Catering operation including: sales and marketing, client relations, event execution, coordination of event staffing needs, and administrative duties. The Catering Manager will also be expected to carefully monitor income and expenses and strategize ways to maximize profit. This position is part of the RNO Development team and reports to the Development Director. The
position will manage a part-time event manager and a team of reliable part-time event staff.
- Manage all client inquiries from sale to event execution.
- Market RNO’s Catering Operation to potential clients.
- Proactively reach out to past clients about potential repeat business.
- Work with the Development Team to identify partnerships that could be created /strengthened through a positive Catering experience.
Event Preparation & Execution
- Create Banquet Event Order, proposals with accurate pricing, menus and contracts.
- Coordinate event staffing, equipment, linen, décor, entertainment and other specialty rentals and food items required for specific events.
- When applicable, coordinate and execute all aspects of a Menu Tasting, including building tours, booking staff, equipment rentals, and sending the tasting menu to the Executive Chef.
- In consultation with the client, create detailed floor and linen plans based on their final guest
- Communicate with event venues to coordinate event logistics.
- Disseminate pertinent event information to the Executive Chef in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain event files which include signed contracts, revisions to contracts/BEO’s, and client deposits and payments in RNO’s software system – the latter under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Maintain accuracy of event records, including entering client information, event cost and catering sales into organization’s software system – currently Reserve.
- Enter both accepted and rejected proposals into organization’s software system(s). Create sample menu packages with pricing for prospective clients.
- Track proposals and events in appropriate calendars.
- Calculate and maintain payroll for all occasional and part-time workers.
- Supervise part-time event manager and all occasional and part time staff that provide labor for individual events.
- Handle all other HR needs for occasional and part-time workers.
- All other duties as assigned by RNO Director of Development.
- Work with RNO to properly staff events with Cafe and training needs in mind.
- The most important qualification is a deep and genuine desire to help RNO meet its mission of helping young people, age 16-24 and disconnected from work and/or school, transform their lives with the support of the Reconcile staff.
- Previous event planning and/or catering experience is a MUST. Please do not apply if you lack formal event planning experience.
- Previous track record of consistently exceeding guest expectations and have an uncompromising approach to service and follow through.
- Demonstrated passion for hospitality industry.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Experience with event-tracking software system preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
This position will pay an industry-competitive base salary with the potential for a performance bonus. Health insurance, death benefit, and short-term disability offered to employee at no cost. Vision and dental available at cost to employee.
Interested? Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 22nd.
Your donation of $13.25 will give you one chance to win a pair of tickets for that day. If you make it a monthly donation, we will give you 5 chances!
The raffle will close Thursday, April 25 at 3:00 PM and we will announce the winner in the cafe at noon on Friday, April 26th! Join us for lunch that day or watch the announcement live on Facebook.
Café Reconcile – An update from Jeffery.
Café Reconcile hosted its 2nd Annual Alumni Christmas Party on December 10th, 2018.
When you mix cookies, donuts, toys, and kids it’s a sugar rush show and the kids turned the café into their own play zone! We let them run around until it was time to leave and everyone had a smile on their faces. Activities included ornament and cookie decorating, donuts on a string game, plus food and toys. We had a great time handing out the gifts funded in part through a grant from the Hilton Foundation (Thanks Hilton Foundation!)
This is one of the most important and exciting events of the year for me as the Alumni Coordinator, so being in the position to support our Alumni Leadership Council is an amazing opportunity for me to give back. Showing appreciation to our students and alumni for making the life changing decision by coming to Reconcile and completing the program to better their life and have hope for a brighter future for themselves and their kids is a rewarding part of my job.
Here’s a couple photos from the night featuring Jasmine, Eri’Shine, Eldraude, Jamal, Ernest, Thaddelisha, Mussy, Irvian, Nick, Antonisha, Latasha, Rendell, Lauren, Joyce, Maia, and Densel.
Happy New Year and see you in the café!
Reconcile Graduate 2005
Join us for a festive Holiday Luncheon and celebrate the holidays at Cafe Reconcile!
- Friday, December 7th at 11:30 AM at 1631 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard. Tickets are $125 per person or $880 for a table of 8, with valet parking included from 11 AM to 2:30 PM. All profits will be donated to Cafe Reconcile’s youth workforce development program.
There are a limited number of tickets! Get yours here.
And then…Shop for Good!
There will also be a holiday market, provided by Holiday Market Collective. It will feature a carefully curated mix of designers, artists and artisans offering unique high end goods, wares and gift items!
The market will be open to the public:
- December 6, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- December 7, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- December 8, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: 2211 Prytania Street and 10% of all market proceeds are being donated to Cafe Reconcile.
Top Chef Reconcile is back for a 2nd year!
Six teams comprised of a Café Reconcile program alum, a home cook, and a professional chef will each plan and prepare a unique dish featuring a mystery ingredient. Teams will compete for two prizes: “Judges’ Choice”, determined by a culinary celebrity panel based on presentation, taste, and use of the mystery ingredient; and “People’s Choice”, based on amount of funds raised to support Café Reconcile.
Top Chef Reconcile is Sunday, October 14. Admission for the Patron Party begins at 5:30 p.m. ($125 per person) followed by General Admission at 6:30 p.m. ($75 per person).
The Chefs and their teams:
- Miss Linda Green, The Yakamein Lady supported by Karen DeBlieux, Capital One, and Shania Washington
- Dook Chase, Dook’s Place supported by Ursula Rochon, The Color Gallery, and Fachon Lewis
- Rita Bernhardt, Domenica supported by Jack Saux, Engel & Volkers, and Chris Okorie
- Lenora Chong, Morrow’s supported by Ann Duplessis, Liberty Bank & Trust, and Irvian Bakare
- Jason Lambert, Toups South supported by Lee Reid, Adams & Reese LLP, and Delvin Davis
- Corey Jacobs, Royal Sonesta/Desire Oyster Bar supported by Liz Creel of Parkview Guest House, and Duane Shelley
Interested in sponsoring the event? Review the sponsorship package and contact Lisa LaFleur at 504-934-1637 or llafleur@ cafereconcile.org. For media inquiries, please reach out to Leslie Doles at 504-442-8983 or email@example.com. Tickets are limited and will be available for purchase beginning September 4th at www.topchefreconcile.com.
Join us for a festive Ladies’ Luncheon to celebrate the holidays at Cafe Reconcile!The luncheon will be on Friday, December 8th at 12 PM at 1631 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard. Tickets are $125 per person, with valet parking included from 11 AM to 2:30 PM. All profits will be donated to Cafe Reconcile’s youth workforce development program.
There are a limited number of tickets! If interested, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Eventbrite.
Chef Joe was named one of Southern Living’s Southerners of the Year for 2017! We are so thankful to Chef Joe for his years of service and dedication to our students. To read more on Chef Joe’s story, click the link below. The profiles are in alphabetical order.
Reconcile New Orleans transforms the lives of young adults and the community through the ministry of reconciliation.
We do this by encouraging personal growth, providing workforce development and training, promoting entrepreneurship, working with businesses, nonprofits and people of faith to support this transformation, and building strong communities through community economic development.
Featuring soul-filled local dishes and some of the city’s lowest prices, Café Reconcile is a destination lunch spot for a wide cross-section of New Orleanians as well as visitors from all across the country.
The Café is open weekdays for lunch from 11:00am to 2:30pm.
Get in Touch
Phone: (504) 568-1157
Fax: (504) 568-9599
Sign up for our newsletter!