EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR GERALD DUHON
LEAVING CAFE RECONCILE
After six years as Executive Director of Reconcile New Orleans, Gerald Duhon will leave his post on November 25, 2022 to take on a new role in the culinary arts. Duhon will join the New Orleans Culinary Hospitality Institute (NOCHI) as Executive Director.
“Gerald has been a dedicated leader, driven by Reconcile New Orleans’ mission and vision, and the legacy of founder Father Harry Tompson S.J.,” said Maria Huete, Reconcile New Orleans board president. “Gerald is a staunch advocate for the young people who come to Reconcile, ensuring they have the support and training to pursue their ambitions and dreams.”
During his tenure at Reconcile New Orleans, Duhon:
- Initiated measures to ensure the fiscal health and sustainability of Reconcile New Orleans to support the ongoing training and needs of its Interns and Alumni
- Guided Reconcile through COVID-19, ensuring assistance for Interns and Alumni facing unemployment and the uncertainty of a global pandemic
- Hired Chef Martha Wiggins as Chief Culinary Officer to reimagine the culinary profile of the organization’s workforce training restaurant, Café Reconcile, while providing enhanced occupational training opportunities for those who seek jobs in New Orleans’ competitive hospitality industry
- Led a long-term strategic planning initiative that has reshaped Reconcile’s free workforce development program to better address and support the needs of Interns and Alumni
- Amplified Reconcile’s role as a leader and advocate for diverse and equitable workplaces in both the non-profit sector as an employer and hospitality industry for Interns by championing access to fair wages, benefits, and growth and advancement opportunities
A comprehensive search for a new Executive Director is underway, led by Reconcile’s Executive Board Committee and Chaired by RNO’s Board Chair, Maria Huete and incoming Board Chair Chris Ross. Programming and Café operations will continue as traditionally offered. Updates on the Executive Director search will be provided throughout the process. Many thanks to you, our community, for your continued support of our young people and Reconcile’s mission.
Questions regarding Reconcile’s Executive Director search can be sent to email@example.com