Serve Louisiana Volunteer needed!
Serve Louisiana helps create positive change by partnering talented young leaders with community-based organizations across South Louisiana. An 11-month commitment is all we ask, and in return, we promise a time of intense personal and professional growth that will prepare you well for whatever’s next.
Serve Louisiana members work with a single partner organization from September 1st through July 31st. Here’s what you can expect:
- A full-time workload
- Major Medical Insurance
- 10 personal days and 6 federal holidays off
- In-depth personal and professional development
- $6,095 education award upon graduation, which may be applied to student loans or additional education
- $14,000 annual living allowance, paid twice monthly
- Student loan forbearance
- Child care reimbursement
- Valuable networking opportunities
Reconcile New Orleans transforms the lives of young adults (ages 16-24) and the community through the
ministry of reconciliation.
We do this by encouraging personal growth, providing workforce development and training, promoting
entrepreneurship, working with businesses, nonprofits and people of faith to support this transformation, and
building strong communities through community economic development.
We are a community of concerned people committed to addressing the system of generational poverty,
violence and neglect in the New Orleans area. Our innovative life skills and job training program assists young
people (ages 16–24) from severely at-risk communities who desire to make a positive change in their lives.
Reconcile’s students arrive facing a vast array of challenges, from extreme poverty and high school attrition to
homelessness, violence, and participation in the juvenile justice system. Nonetheless, these young people
possess a deep desire to break the cycle and become productive, contributing members of society.
Member Position Summary:
Technology & Social Media Coordinator
1. Create and execute content marketing strategy across all social media platforms (i.e., Facebook,
2. Regularly engage and respond to community via social channels
3. Track key engagement metrics and report to team
4. Manage email marketing, including segmenting email lists, ensuring accuracy with donor database, and
drafting monthly e-blast
5. Take photos and videos for all events and during the week highlights
Digital and print communications
1. Update website as necessary
2. Ensure brand guidelines are followed for all digital and print assets
3. Maintain and update visual asset library, including photos, videos, and graphics
4. Manage contractors for special projects (e.g., graphic designer, videographer, photographer)
5. Gather information for Café Reconcile Storytelling from staff, students and stakeholders
This position provides the ‘voice’ for Café Reconcile to our stakeholders and potential students. This position is part of the development team. The measurable short and long-term goal will be achieved through weekly
discussions and by reporting on the execution/return of the plan and metrics. This position is vital and provides
support to reach our goal of student recruitment, alumni participation and meeting all fundraising goals.
This position reaches into each department and serves as a communications liaison.
Essential Functions of Position:
1. Weekly check-ins with Programming Department and Café. Find out what is happening that week/month
for messaging on all platforms. Forms and checklists will be provided.
2. There are 6 classes a year. Meet each class as a whole in the beginning and schedule interviews with those
that have signed the photo release. There will be 2 interview sessions – at the halfway point and towards the
end. Gather contact information for Alumni follow-up.
3. Check in daily on all social media post and respond accordingly to inquiries and comments.
4. Identify trends or areas for improvement through the metric reporting on social media platforms and email
5. Get to know the students – it helps with storytelling and it’s really fun.
6. Attend at least one Word of the Day a week. This is how we start every day and is a great opportunity to
meet the students. It begins in the café at 8am and includes breakfast.
7. Not a function but a perk – we get a staff lunch every day!
8. The website is hosted on WordPress Engine and it’s on the WordPress platform. We will provide training
and you will be expected to update as needed.
9. We have the Adobe Suite that is used for creating all collateral. There is an expectation that you will
already know how to use at least one program to complete these tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Photography skills using a DSLR including editing photos and videos, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress,
Microsoft Suite, Social Media skills and account access.
Required Academic and Experience Qualifications:
Degree in one of the following – Marketing, Communications, or Design OR experience matching above