New Orleans, LA, April 15, 2019, — Café Reconcile announces the launch of its new menu, featuring customer favorites such as Deep Fried Turkey Necks and Fried Catfish along-side new additions like the Shrimp Florentine Po-Boy. Also new is the addition of daily specials starting at $6 – all available to customers beginning Monday, April 15, 2019.
“Our new menu is New Orleans soul food with a twist. It’s inspired by classic New Orleans flavors and served up by talented young men and women who are training to work in the hospitality industry,” says Eugene Temple, Executive Chef and General Manager. Café Reconcile’s refreshed menu will help the non-profit café to remain competitive in the crowded lunch spot market while ensuring students receive industry-aligned training.
Noteworthy additions to the menu include:
- Appetizers: Biscuit Beignets and Boudin Eggrolls
- Sandwiches: Chicken Po-boy (fried, grilled or paneed) and a traditional Club
- Entrée: Eggplant Reconcile, fried eggplant cutlets and sautéed shrimp served with a tomato cream sauce over rotini pasta
- Entrée Salad: Spinach with candied pecans, strawberries and more (pictured)
- Vegetarian Entrée: Portobello Mushrooms (fried or grilled) with green beans and grilled veggies
Daily Special Highlights:
- Starting at $6
- Chef Eugene’s fried chicken every Thursday. Includes four delicious pieces of golden chicken fried to order (with fries) $12.
- Visit the website to see all daily specials
Café Reconcile is open for lunch Monday through Friday, 11 am to 2:30 pm, except on holidays. To learn more about Café Reconcile, visit: www.cafereconcile.org.
Café Reconcile, a pillar of the community since 2000, offers delicious New Orleans cuisine, a family-friendly environment, and an opportunity for New Orleans’ youth to shine. Our innovative life skills and job training program serves young people aged 16–24 who desire to connect to employment and education. Over the course of an intensive eight week program, students are inspired to sharpen the skills they already possess and to follow their dreams.