Reconcile New Orleans’ (RNO) mission is to transform the lives of young people and the community through the ministry of reconciliation. We do this by: encouraging personal growth, providing workforce development and training, promoting entrepreneurship, working with businesses, nonprofits and people of faith to support this transformation and building strong communities through community economic development.
Café Reconcile, a well-known lunch spot, is the heart of RNO’s flagship Life Skills and On-The-Job Hospitality Training. As a nonprofit entity, RNO’s Catering Operation is designed primarily to serve as source of income for Cafe Reconcile’s program in concert with fundraising revenue and café sales. An extension of the Café Reconcile brand, Catering plays an important role in developing key corporate and community relationships.
The Catering Manager is a full-time employee. A self-starter, the Catering Manager will be responsible for ALL Catering operations, which include coordinating all aspects required to run an effective Catering operation including: sales and marketing, client relations, event execution, coordination of event staffing needs, and administrative duties. The Catering Manager will also be expected to carefully monitor income and expenses and strategize ways to maximize profit. This position is part of the RNO Development team and reports to the Development Director. The
position will manage a part-time event manager and a team of reliable part-time event staff.
- Manage all client inquiries from sale to event execution.
- Market RNO’s Catering Operation to potential clients.
- Proactively reach out to past clients about potential repeat business.
- Work with the Development Team to identify partnerships that could be created /strengthened through a positive Catering experience.
Event Preparation & Execution
- Create Banquet Event Order, proposals with accurate pricing, menus and contracts.
- Coordinate event staffing, equipment, linen, décor, entertainment and other specialty rentals and food items required for specific events.
- When applicable, coordinate and execute all aspects of a Menu Tasting, including building tours, booking staff, equipment rentals, and sending the tasting menu to the Executive Chef.
- In consultation with the client, create detailed floor and linen plans based on their final guest
- Communicate with event venues to coordinate event logistics.
- Disseminate pertinent event information to the Executive Chef in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain event files which include signed contracts, revisions to contracts/BEO’s, and client deposits and payments in RNO’s software system – the latter under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Maintain accuracy of event records, including entering client information, event cost and catering sales into organization’s software system – currently Reserve.
- Enter both accepted and rejected proposals into organization’s software system(s). Create sample menu packages with pricing for prospective clients.
- Track proposals and events in appropriate calendars.
- Calculate and maintain payroll for all occasional and part-time workers.
- Supervise part-time event manager and all occasional and part time staff that provide labor for individual events.
- Handle all other HR needs for occasional and part-time workers.
- All other duties as assigned by RNO Director of Development.
- Work with RNO to properly staff events with Cafe and training needs in mind.
- The most important qualification is a deep and genuine desire to help RNO meet its mission of helping young people, age 16-24 and disconnected from work and/or school, transform their lives with the support of the Reconcile staff.
- Previous event planning and/or catering experience is a MUST. Please do not apply if you lack formal event planning experience.
- Previous track record of consistently exceeding guest expectations and have an uncompromising approach to service and follow through.
- Demonstrated passion for hospitality industry.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Experience with event-tracking software system preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
This position will pay an industry-competitive base salary with the potential for a performance bonus. Health insurance, death benefit, and short-term disability offered to employee at no cost. Vision and dental available at cost to employee.
Interested? Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 22nd.