Reconcile New Orleans, Inc. seeks an experienced, talented, and energetic Lead Case Manager to work with program participants in our Workforce Development Training Program. Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Lead Case Manager will provide intensive case management to program participants and Alumni of the Reconcile training program. The Lead Case Manager will assess program participant’s needs, recommend support, resources and training based on those needs, follow program participant’s progress through the training program, and follow up with program participant post-program. It is the responsibility of the Lead Case Manager to help program participants make the best use of available opportunities and resources to fully develop each program participant’s individual potential and help them find success in life and work.
This is a full-time salaried position Monday through Friday. However, the Lead Case Manager should also be available and willing to address any scheduling, transportation, or other program-related issues concerning the students during evening hours and/or weekends.
- Provide biopsychosocial assessment for applicants to the program.
- Provide recommendation to staff on the readiness of applicant for the program.
- In collaboration with the student, create an individual goals plan for their work in the program.
- Connect students who are unable to participate in the program to appropriate resources and services.
Counseling, case management, and supportive services:
- Based on assessment of each student, make appropriate referrals to other agencies as needed (counseling, housing, health, child care, parenting resources)
- Coordinate care with service partners and follow up with students with progress through programs.
- Provide therapeutic interventions for students and alumni as needed.
- Meet weekly with students for goal setting, problem solving, and planning.
- Be available to respond to crisis situations.
- Help students sign up for bank accounts and assist them in obtaining IDs, school records, and other needed documents
- Work collaboratively with court involved youth to support them in navigating the criminal justice system.
- Provide trauma informed care to all students and model and assist all staff in using trauma informed approaches.
Manage Foundational Skills Training:
- Organize and maintain the life skills schedule
- Maintain partnerships through the city who facilitate life skills classes and provide services to participants
- Develop and facilitate life skills curriculum, including financial education, harassment in the workplace, conflict resolution, and empowerment groups.
Support Culinary Training:
- Work closely with kitchen mentor/training coach to problem solve any issues.
- Manage behavior issues in accordance with Reconcile New Orleans policy. Document all disciplinary procedures.
- Provide supervision for Support Services Coordinator, who is responsible for connecting students to benefits such as Medicaid and SNAP.
- Maintain confidential files for each student participant.
- Maintain statistical data to include electronic case management data entry and program outcomes.
- Work as a part of an interagency team to maintain and improve the shared data collection tool.
- Create reports of all program outcomes and data, published annually into a program report.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Participate in interagency committees and community collaborations.
- Practice effective communication with all staff and students.
- Masters degree in Social Work or related field.
- LCSW preferred, will consider LMSW working toward LCSW
- Two or more years of case management experience.
- Two or more years of experience working with 16-24 year old Opportunity Youth.
- Prior professional staff management
- Strong ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Flexible/able to go with the flow and meet the needs of youth and the team
- Ability to meet and beat deadlines
- Eagerness around personal professional development and working in and supporting an environment where a Culture of Continuous Improvement is a priority.
- Hold self and others accountable.
- Experience in program development
- Deep understanding of local community resources and the ability to find and build relationships with new partners.
- Comfort and experience in creating and implementing policies and procedures to strengthen program/quality of service to youth.
- A self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment meeting the needs of Reconcile’s young people in the moment.
- Strong computer skills, including the use of Excel, Access, Word, e-mail, and internet.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Effortless initiative and problem solving
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong belief in the mission of Reconcile New Orleans and the young people we serve.
- Consistently joyful and enthusiastic at work/when working with young people.
- Experience working within a nonprofit organization
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.